2018-Present James LaMattery Realtors
2016 – 2018 Berkshire Hathaway HS
Real Estate Broker
1987-2016 JL Moneyline, Inc.
1985-1987 GMAC Mortgage
1983-1985 Century 21- Bowers Realty
Real Estate Agent
1981-1983 Merrill Lynch Realty
Real Estate Agent
1976-1980 San Diego State University
BA Comparative Literature
"Now's the Time, James' the Man!"
I have a track record of saving clients time and money. A trained and licensed professional real estate broker, I negotiate every part of the sales process. I leverage strong relationships and three decades’ experience in real estate sales and financing.
How I help buyers -
• Find homes to grow into, not grow out of.
• Put together winning proposals in a multi-offer environment to negotiate the best deal.
• Navigate ever-changing credit criteria and interest rates, clearing financial hurdles early on.
• Determine financing strategies that fit current AND future goals.
Results: My clients retain their properties at a higher-than-industry rate.
Of the near 2,000 home loans originated since founding my company, over 99% remained out of default—even through the 2008 recession.
How I help sellers –
• Set appropriate price expectations, up front, to obtain top dollar for a home—whether a buyer or seller’s market.
• Avoid the pitfalls of inadequate pre-qualifications of buyers who rely upon financing to close escrow.
• Clear buyer’s property contingencies early on.
• Avoid lawsuits by navigating disclosure requirements regarding a property’s condition.
• Mediate unforeseen transactional issues to ensure process is smooth through closing.
Results: After listing over 300 homes, 99% of listings sold. In the 30 years I have been in business, no buyers have sued, or found reason to sue, me or my sellers.
I also invest in my community. As a community leader, 1,200+ people in Bay Park, Bay Ho, and Overlook Heights now participate in the community planning process so the community reflects our interests and retains its value.
Skills: Negotiation, Mitigation, Mediation, and Loan Origination