SAN DIEGO PUBLIC OPPOSITION TO STATE LAWS REMOVING LOCAL CONTROL OVER HOUSING DECISIONS
Below are links to:
- Electronic Petitions
- Up-Zone Maps & Tools
- Background Information on both Senate Bills
- Flyers to Print, Flyers You Can Order (free) Lawmaker
- Legislator's Contact Info
- Schedules of RTB Public Presentations
- Recent News Articles
Statewide Voter Initiative in Progress
RTB is participating in a working group of San Diego community activists in drafting a statewide initiative to retain local control of housing policy. We anticipate the initiative will be ready to register with the Secretary of State within a few weeks. We will publish the Initiative and organize signature gathering when it is released.
UPCOMING RTB MEETINGS
Background of sb50 & sb330
The Chain of proposed Legislation to enact the "Housing Crisis Act of 2019"
The links will take you to active petitions to sign electronically.
- Removal of parking space requirements for new projects located in and around TPAs. Lawsuit filed April 6, 2019
- sb50-removal of building Height Limits in TPAs outside of Coastal Commission & Proposition D protection.
- sb330- allows the San Diego City Council to suspend, until 2030, Coastal Height Limits currently protected by Proposition D boundaries*
*Nancy Skinner’s SB 330, would roll back many city and county home-building regulations for a decade. Skinner’s office told the Los Angeles Times this week that the bill would apply to San Diego’s coastal height limit, a sacred cow that has defined development in beach communities for decades." Los Angeles Times: Bay Area Leads Charge On Fixing Housing Crisis
5/7/19- With a campaign from La Jollans calling our state senators, Sen. Skinner added text to the bill that will maintain the Proposition D coastal height protection, but we have more to do to make it stick...
BALLOON MARCH II
A SAN DIEGO COUNTYWIDE PROTEST MARCH AGAINST THE REMOVAL OF PARKING SPACE REQUIREMENTS, BUILDING HEIGHT LIMITS, CEQA PROTECTIONS AND LOCAL LAND USE CONTROL OF THE PLANNING PROCESS.